The Babasafe Universal Baby Safety TV Straps will anchor your flat screen tv to the stand or the wall, helping to reduce the danger of injury to your child due to the TV tipping over. Our straps make use of the TV wall mount fittings (Vesa fittings ) .2 straps are included with each pack. The TV straps are made from extra strong webbed nylon and tough plastic and a variety of Vesa fittings are provided to work on universally on TV's in Ireland.
- 2 straps
- Universal Fittings for TV's in Ireland
- wall plugs provided in case you prefer to fit to the wall.
- strong nylon and tough plastic fittings.
- all screws & washers provided
- length: 75cm
- color: black
Rely on us to provide world-class support for this product before you buy and during installation. Get in touch any time for expert advice on fitting or choosing these baby tv straps. 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday by phone or anytime by email support.
STEP 1 Locate the upper VESA mounting holes on the back of TV and select the correct included bolt size (and washer) to fit TV. Note: washers are only required (and included) for the small bolt size.
STEP 2 Mount plate #1, with large centre hole, to the VESA mounting holes on TV using the correct bolt size,(and washer if needed) determined in step 1. The Bolt should be mounted through the large centre hole and tightened into VESA mounting hole. Repeat for both sides of TV, 1 strap per side.
STEP 3 (a) Securing TV to wall. [ PS: if TV stand does not have solid wood surface to mount to, skip to step3(b) ]. Hold plate #2 over furniture at desired install location and mark two outside holes with a pencil Drill two small pilot holes at marked locations, then secure plate #2 to furniture using provided 1” screws. Strap must loop from the underside through to the top to hold firmly in place. Pull strap until tight. Repeat for both straps, one on each
STEP 3 (b) If securing TV to furniture.
Locate the centre of a wall stud using a stud finder. Hold plate #2 approximately 6” below the level of the upper VESA mount where plate #1 is installed. Align the centre hole with the center of the wall stud and mark with pencil. Drill a small pilot hole at marked location then secure plate #2 to wall using provided 2” screw. Strap must loop from the underside through to the top to hold firmly in place. Pull strap until tight. Repeat for both straps, one on each side.
- These TV straps are an extra layer of safety in securing your home for you child. They do not replace proper adult supervision. Never allow your child to climb on furniture or touch the TV even when the straps are in place.
- These straps are only as strong as the surface you are fitting them to. Check the fitting surface is suitably strong to hold the brackets & screws in place. Consider in particular the weight of the furniture, in particular when full with your items
- When fitting to walls ensure the appropriate wall plugs are used. All-purpose wall plugs are included; however, they may not be suitable for your walls. Always mount to the centre of a solid wall stud. Always drill pilot holes in furniture and wall studs before anchoring screws.
- Never place TV on an unstable stand. If stand is not stable, a second set of straps is required to secure the stand to the wall.
- It is recommended to install 2 sets of straps for extra safety for heavy and tall furniture.
- Only use on furniture which has a solid wood surface to secure screws.
- Regularly check the tightness & integrity of this product to ensure it is fixed firmly and working correctly.
- Test the item rigorously to ensure it will carry the weight of your furniture or TV if tipped over. Repeat this test regularly.
|XL BABY GATE SIZE||N/A|
|Pick Your Size||XL (A) : 286 cm|
Babasafe strapsReview by Hilary / (Posted on 31/01/2019)Great product
Handy two second job. No complaintsReview by Rebecca / (Posted on 19/12/2018)Purchased for an over worrying step-father to baby proof the tv for my 9 month old baby brother. They’re perfect, quick and easy job and the tv is now sturdy enough to keep some peace at mind when he’s running around in the walker. :)